View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 01:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default TN

TN is different for everyone as far as the actual pain they experience, as well as the frequency and reoccurrence.
Usually people with TN avoid touching their face or anywhere that may be a trigger. Trigger points will usually bring on an attack.
I have Type II Trigeminal Neuralgia so my pain is pulsating and electric but also constant. Every day.
The site of your TN is similar to mine. Mine starts in my teeth but radiates to my cheek, jaw and into my ear. I was diagnosed a long time ago with TMJ. There are many that believe that is simply a blanket term and is largely overly misdiagnosed.
When my TN goes into my ear it mimics and ear ache or sinus infection. I have been seen many times by my GP to check for infections and there isn't one.
Receiving a TN diagnosis can be a long and difficult road. An MRI and a neurologist are the first steps. Also, if your "attacks" do return you should start looking into medication because, like Jean said, they can escalate quickly.
Good luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennica View Post
Thanks so much!

The pain actually was, like you say, quick stabs. I'm not really sure if working the trigger points is what has stopped the attacks or if it's a coincidence. Which leads me to my next question. If it was TN, would I have had another attack by now? I had three in one week but none for five days now. Once symptoms of TN start would the attacks come pretty regularly or could they be spread out over time?
justjane37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote