View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 06:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Doc,

I enjoyed the article. Thanks for sharing it. When completing my disability form and was attempting to respond to the side effects of the medications I take, it was difficult to specify that some of my symptoms were a direct side effect of the medication or may not be related to the med. Fatigue is listed as a side effect on almost every med I take and I do suffer with severe fatigue but is it the meds? or is it a symptom of some of my medical conditions? or a combination of both? I listed as a side effect on my disability form only the side effects that I knew for a FACT that were directly attributal to a specific medication. The majority of my medications are not ones that I can stop and see if there is any difference in any of my symptoms.

Also, as a result of obtaining my medical records for the purposes of disability, I found that a lot of what we tell our physicians is most definitely filtered, omitted, or mis-stated.

Thanks again for the article. I found it very interesting and glad to see that some doctors realize that patients need to be heard and not dismissed. My personal experience has been the more vague or common the symptom, the more it is just dismissed.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote