View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 01:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Backward Pawn,

First of all you are obviously stressing about your situation and that is the very last thing that you can do. I know from experience that when I start stressing and getting upset about something the MG really kicks in. Recently I have experienced that stress with the family and Thanksgiving dinners. My family sometimes makes a big deal over who is going to have the dinner and I end up hearing both sides and feel stressed as to who to go with. Seems that no one (i.e. my brother and sister) can all get together because of their extended framilies.

I've never had a lot of friends. In high school there was a group of us that did things together but after we graduated it wasn't long before we all went our different ways. Today the only person I keep in touch with from that era is a friend from my church. We didn't go to school together but my mother always made sure we could get together to play, etc. Other than that I have had two friends as an adult that I have been close to, however after my illness they have slowly distanced themselves. I guess because I can't drive or get around as I once did, I can't meet them for lunch or shopping or festivals anymore. Friends in my life seem to come and go. You meet at work and get along but as soon as the work situation changes you don't have much else in common. I do have three friends that I have meet through work and we keep in touch by email because they have moved out of state.

There are MG groups in various towns where you could meet people with common issues maybe you can look into that. As I said before, please don't stress yourself about this because the results will be much worse than not having friends. In time I'm sure you will find a path to meet people.

Good luck,
Southern Bell
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote