Thread: Resting Tremors
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 03:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie002 View Post
I'm one of the lucky people that has a lot of tremors both at rest and during movement. My doctor maintains that the only tremor that indicates Parkinson's is the at rest and as soon as you start movement the tremor goes away. In several publications lately their saying that Parkinson's tremors aren't just at rest but their finding folks are having Parkinson's Tremors during movement also. I'm getting a little confused here as which tremor is which so I can understand what's going on. Any information?
Like you Willie 002 I am one of those lucky people with tremors though not constantly but when I have them it can be both resting and action tremor. I believe we can have both types in PD. I recently read EPDA information on tremor.
http://www.epda.eu.com/en/parkinsons...or-parkinsons/

This part might be helpful when talking with your doctor

In the Consensus Statement of the Movement Disorder Society on Tremor, four types of Parkinsonian tremor are described:

type I – classical Parkinsonian tremor, that is a rest tremor and postural/kinetic tremor at the same frequency, i.e. the rest tremor in this group persisting as a postural tremor
type II - rest, postural and kinetic tremors at different frequency
type III - pure postural kinetic tremor. This is seen particularly where there is rigidity. This tremor is very similar to the more common ET (See also: Diagnosis)
type IV - the monosymptomatic rest tremor, that is a pure tremor at rest which reduces with movement.
Due to the fact that almost any tremor phenomenon can be seen in someone with Parkinson’s, it can be difficult for doctors to distinguish between Parkinson’s tremors and tremors arising from other conditions.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Arsippe (11-24-2013), lab rat (11-26-2013)