View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 04:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Erin, really maddening about the car! It is so important to you. Hand controls will be great when you get them.
Baclofen, my reaction to one day's pills was to walk into a wall as if it was not even there.
Bull-in-china-closet. I could tell I would walk into other walls, after that, so I had to quit it. Tried Zanaflex then, made me wet-noodle weak. Magnesium was prescribed by Scripps Clinic neuro, problem improved dramatically. I wonder why magnesium doesn't help others on this forum? Or at least not many. It isn't a total cure for me any more. One thing I have to do for leg spasm is to rub the knots out. This takes a lot of effort and probably burns a lot of calories and strengthens my arms and hands. I only do it when I'm so desperate the adrenaline enables my weak arms to do it. But it does help. I have to keep rubbing for a long time--maybe twenty minutes? I don't time it, of course.
My other disease Polycythemia Vera made my itch exceedingly bad last night. Time to pray and weep. I must have got some help because I dozed off. Itch is a very common problem with PV, and it is much worse than you may imagine. So I was rubbing out the knots in my legs between compulsive scratching. Finally dragged myself up to put very thick cream on back and sides and abdomen to stop the itch. I use Badger Balm.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (11-24-2013), Erika (11-24-2013), ewizabeth (11-24-2013), SallyC (11-24-2013)