Thread: Cymbalta?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 04:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Cymbalta?

I know enough from my own reading to know that a lot of people find relief from headaches post-concussion by using anti-depressants. I keep hearing people here refer to Cymbalta. Is Cymbalta more popular among pcs patients than other anti depressants? It's actually one of few drugs I can get fairly affordably on my crappy insurance, so if that's the case I'm tempted to call my doctor and see if she will prescribe it for me.

To those of you who do take it, do you have to take it regularly, as you would if you were taking it for depression? How long did it take before you started to notice improvement?

I'm actually pretty depressed now too, in addition to the headache issues, but I'm not sure if what I'm feeling would be true "depression" or if I'm just discouraged because I'm learning just how much of an impact these headaches are going to have on the rest of my life. Not only am I struggling with finding a balance for my workouts so I can keep my weight down, but on top of that it finally hit me that, as an underemployed English teacher, I am probably royally screwed even when I find a job, because I may not be able to read enough at a time to be able to grade essays anymore... this issue stresses me out beyond possible description. Add to that the fact that I'm already depressed about not having a full-time job, the fact that my husband and I were going to try to get pregnant (and then I lost my damn job, so no progression on that front after I have waited 8 long years to get to the point where we were ready to try), and a few other issues... yep. Life sucks right now.

Sorry to be such a downer. I can't keep venting to my husband; he's already sick of my moods, and I can't really text these feelings to my friends without him going back and reading my messages, so I basically have nowhere private to vent right now. Thanks for bearing with me.
courtney.w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote