View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
What leads me away from the migraine path is the fact that you've not mentioned other typical migraine symptoms.
IME, typical migraine symptoms typically present with typical migraines.

IOW, atypical migraines don't always present with typical migraine symptoms, e.g. not all migraines cause pain (these are sometimes known as silent or acephalgic migraine), and not all migraines are in the head (e.g. abdominal migraine).

The typical ones are easy; it's the atypicals that can slip through the cracks and go undiagnosed (and prove more difficult to treat).

The last time I changed PCPs, and the doctor was entering my various DXs into his computer, he stopped when he got to migraines.

"Hmmm," he said, "There are 30 different kinds of migraines here, and yours isn't listed. Ah, here it is... 'None of the above'."

Thanks for those links. I haven't had time to peruse them, but I've bookmarked them for later. Off hand they appear to be more comprehensive (albeit somewhat confusing) than the other sites I use. The litmus test will be if they have mine.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote