View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulmom View Post
Halfnelson,
think you are in another country? My daughter's symptoms are going on 2.5 yrs…with many disappointments in-between.

1. medication has helped--it takes awhile to find the right meds and dosage.

2. acupuncture--helped with headaches and more,

3. stand up paddle boarding-- just getting on the board land not going very far but balancing was helpful. note that she could not get through vestibular or eye therapy due to feeling nausea,but she could stand up on a paddle board.

4. prism glasses to act as a crutch when she reads--she still cannot comprehend but she can read simple fiction books now.

We just got her hormones checked but the results have not come back. I just want to say that she is still getting better. There have been times when she went backwards or plateaued.

keep talking --we're here,
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I live in South Australia.

Since my symptoms are aggravated by physical and cognitive exertion I have cut strenuous exercise (I walk only) and tried to limit work. This has proven mostly ineffective as my symptoms are easily re-aggravated by any form of exertion and I do not seem to be improving or developing a tolerance over time.

So the next step is to cease work entirely. I work in a stressful office.

I do smoke occasionally which may also worsen symptoms as, beyond the obvious adverse health effects, smoking increases heart rate and blood pressure. Does this seem logical?

I have seen a neurologist, neuro-opthalmologist, neuropsychologist, neuropsychiatrist, and undergone a variety of assessments.

Whilst MRI and other scans are normal the neuropsychologist believes I have sustained frontal and parietal lobe damage. This causes difficulties with language, problem solving, planning and organising, and overall slowed thinking.

The neuropsychologist and another doctor suspect trigeminal neuralgia.

The neuro-ophthalmologist also found damage to my vestibular system (left beating nystagmus).

I have tried a few anti-depressants and, whilst they made me 'feel' ok, I did not like the feeling or side-effects and my cognitive symptoms did not improve. So I slowly tapered off the medication.

I feel as though I have reached a dead-end with ceasing my job being the only option remaining... It is really difficult to bear.

Halfnelson

Last edited by Halfnelson; 11-25-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Halfnelson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote