View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hello halfnelson

I am sorry you have TBI. Has any treatment worked at all? No improvement in 2 years?
Have you tried a Physiatrist?. This type of doctor treats the whole person and can think outside the box.
Never lose hope. we will be here for you on NT. Find one small thing a day, that brings joy. Even if it is just the smile of a child. When I get those moods, I force myself into some kind of action. I watch something funny like I did last night with Carole Burnetts special. I did laugh which they say is good for healing.
I believe, that changing your thoughts, can change the chemicals in the brain. If you switch thoughts, right when you get a bad idea, it helps. It is hard to do at first, but with practice, you can change your thinking. I went for council for a time, and this was one practice, that turned my blue moods around. Look at Art, hear a good song, talk with a friend, have a sip of something you like, or a meal that you enjoy. Recognize the tiny good there is in small things, and the bigger things will come along. I don't have TBI, but depression followed me around for years. I hope you do heal and get back some of what was lost. The brain can do so much we don't know about yet. I believe it can indeed heal itself. Change the chemical balance, and maybe the TBI and depression will get better. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote