View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 10:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

iggle24 - I'm hoping you can provide some feedback as this thread is dated a couple years back. I can relate to your story, I am feeling the exact same way. (minus the sleep problems) I'm a pretty health 24 year old. I whiplashed and hit the back of my head playing rugby about a month ago. A few hours after the injury I started to feel a little better. I went out that night and had drinks with friends. I woke up feeling foggy and pretty hungover (also have a high tolerance to alcohol and normally wouldn't feel this way)... This was a month ago, I've recently had an MRI which came back fine and seen a neurologist who said I should be fine within 1-2 weeks (it doesn't seem like I will be). My symptoms are:
  • Intolerant to loud noise
  • Intolerant to alcohol
  • Minor headache that I can deal with, it's constant though anytime I get up and move around
  • The derealization feeling is awful
  • Nervousness on how long this will take
  • Keep looking at the calendar thinking I will be okay by a certain day and watching it pass causes false hope

I don't know where to go from here. I have been continuing to work. I'm in IT and don't have to talk to many people during the day. I just look at a computer screen for a long time.. it doesn't seem to bother me or cause my symptoms to flare up. I don't have many issues with memory and can solve problems pretty well still.

I understand that alcohol and trying to exercise has set me back. So I have stopped doing both of those things and have just relaxed the past 2 weeks. My symptoms aren't terrible, they are just enough to keep me from doing anything fun. I literally sit in my apartment and it drives me crazy. I'm planning on taking Thanksgiving to rest and take some time away from work.

How long did this last? Are you feeling better now? Has your life gotten back to where it was before the injury? What were the things that you did to help you recover? What were the things that you did that hindered your recovery? Did you end up pushing through your studies? Any help is appreciated, I'm happy I found this forum (mainly for my sanity)

Thanks
bschmucker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote