Old 05-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Bust use of Research Funds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy Duck View Post
Gould writes about stress and she writes about Parkinson's Disease, but there is no evidence at all contained in what she has written that demonstrates that stress causes Parkinson's Disease :

http://seedmagazine.com/news/2006/02...p?page=all&p=y

Virtually all cells can reproduce in adults. Only four of them can't. One of them is the dopaminergic neurons, the cells involved in Parkinson's Disease. So "neurogenesis" (cell reproduction) is completely irrelevant to Parkinson's Disease because the cells involved in Parkinson's Disease never reproduce.

Nearly all types of "Brain cells" can reproduce, but the dopaminergic neurons isn't one of them. Because dopaminergic neurons are brain cells she has wrongly assumed that all brain cells reproduce, not realising that dopaminergic neurons don't.
Mr. Daffy Duck,

You have very selective hearing. Rick has repeatedly explained that the dopamine producing neurons ane not the cause. It is only a part of the process. You have a very simplistic understanding of the human brain. The first question is why did the dopamine producing neurons become destroyed in the first place. Your theory argues starting at the point after the neurons have been destroyed amd insist that they cannot be reproduced.

Rick addresses what destroyed the neurons. He traces backword and has found that cortisol destroys neurol proteins that are overproduced causing protein tangles in the brain that block the paths that lead to blockage of the tunnels that deliver the dopamine to the various muscle groups throughout the body. Rick has found your theory to be false and backs it up from professional, well known journals.

I have two mutations in my Parkin2 gene. I have an MRI that shows the protein tangles causing organic personality syndrome. The dopamine cannot be uptaken by the striatum, the dopamine neurons get the message that it is producing too much dopamine and begins self destruction of the neurons. That I have proof of in the form of an Fdopa PET scan.

The chemical analysis you have made of Parkinson's disease may be irrefutable, many scientist have agreed with you for years. But replacing the dopamine with a synthetic form has not improved the Parkinson's patient quality of life long term. There is a reason why and new theories must be researched. Rick, by following the point of the dead dopanine backwords to find where the process starts to go wrong is more systematic than trying to replace or compensate for the loss of dopamine. It has been 40 years and billions of dollars of research money attempting to prove your theory. You said you found the answer and offered it to people on this site by giving your private e-mail address. I took you up on your offer on condition that it be an open patent. Either you won't risk the disproving of your theory, of you are looking to make millions by patenting it. I question your motives based on these facts.

Rick has listed his scientific sources at your request. You choose to ignore his attempt to defend, fairly, his theory by answering your demands for his sources, rather than attempting to disprove his sources. You post a link that doesn't work to prove your theory. The name of your source, "Seed Magazine" does not sound like a human biological journal, so I see no bearing on this discussion.

Sincerely,
Vicky