View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 01:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default our experience with MP

First, our neuro told us sinemet does not help tremor, and that has been our experience as well.

We are currently taking sinemet, one-half of a 25/100 every two hours. This helps with side effects, avoids the peak/valley of a whole pill, and helps with smoother transition between off/on during the day.

We incorporate MP into our day this way:

MP: we take 3 half teaspoons per dose of MP powder mixed in water. It hits usually within 15 minutes, sometimes sooner, sometimes later...but it does hit, even if you have eaten.

We don't take MP with every sinemet dose: we see how we feel and are doing. If the sinemet is working, then no mucuna....if it's not, we will take our MP dose about 30 minutes after our sinemet dose so they can overlap. This usually works well, "well" being relative.

Usually we take more MP in the morning hours, being from 6-12, than in the afternoon, so that we get a good start to the day. Again, "good" being relative.

I agree with those here: there is much more to MP than just levodopa. I don't know what, but I do know that it can help us when nothing else can or does, and is much more reliable in helping than sinemet. This is only our non-professional/MD experience, so take it for what it's worth.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote