Thread: College
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default College

Hello. A little about me I am a male and 30 years old. I was diagnosed with Crohns disease at 16 and then at 28 years old I got ankylosing spondelitous also. I feel so lost confused worried. I worked hard put myself through trucking school to finally have a career to maybe get a house and stuff. Then after three years of trucking I got Ankylosing Spondelitous and lost my ability to stand or put pressure on my left leg. I had to walk with a cane for three years until they figured out that if I took Humira they could stop the fuzzing of my spinal cord. I did not come from the best family in fact I don't think I could have came from a worse family. I decided I could not sit around and do nothing for the rest of my life and I had dreams to chase and I was not going to let another disease knock me back down again. So I went back to school and now I am on the final 8 months before I will be graduating college with my BA in Business. My question is was college the right choice? will I regret college? I worked day and night on this college; however, every time I turn around my father tells me how much money I have wasted going back to school and I will regret it. I am paying my own way on student loans and just hope I am making the right choice. I am too old to go through college again and I am hoping on a wing and a prayer that I made the right choice by going to college. When I picked the college I picked one that had a really good reputation and a really high graduation rate compared to the other colleges around me; however, it was a private college so it did cost a little more well about 50 grand to be exact total. I just am questioning myself the closer I get to graduation because this is like my last chance I can't fail again. I am a hard worker and have worked 40 hours a week since I was 16 and when I was about 24 it went up to around 90 hours a week sometimes two jobs. I just don't want another mistake or regret and then have my father their saying I am just another mistake.
Epiphone83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote