View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 06:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Fear and anxiety

Hello!

Mark is right about our brains, but with proper rest and care, you can definately get better, and maybe you can return to previous activities. But that is just going to be down the road for some time.

I find that any big emotions and especially fear and anxiety, make symptoms worse. They just do. So, reduce the stress in your life and even if a previous activity like surfing was a stress free activity, it may be too overwhelming now.

I just OVERdid it less than a week ago by going to a concert. It wasn't the lights and sound --- I did have my ear plugs, but it was the whole event. It really left me brain tired on Sat, Sun and Monday. I had no idea that would happen, but it did.

Hang in there. You will find your limits as you go along. I would suggest you try more gentle exercise like walking.

Sincerely,
pm

Symptoms I had: dizziness, light and sound sensitivity, fatigue, tinitis, occasional headaches and migraines,

Symptoms as of 5--2013: poor sleep, tinitis, some confusion /short term memory blanks, balance. The other symptoms are mostly gone, but flare up if I OVERdo something.

Therapy I had: vestibular

3 months in: I could drive more and for longer distances. I felt like a younger, happier version of myself and I feel so blessed to have this feeling.

9 months in and I am working full time. I do get tired, and some sound and light sensitivity from time to time, but mostly I am over most of my symptoms.
I pray every day and I m praying for your recovery.

Over a year in: I can multi task (limited) and have humor in my life. But when I am tired, I am very tired.
poetrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote