View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi brittxd,

Thanks for posting the x-ray.

You do have an opening along the back of that tooth that appears to have either pus coming out or plaque accumulated in it. You also have an inflammation (small swelling) in the gum a bit further up from this open area which may indicate bacteria is building up or an infection.

It is best to go back to the surgeon and let him take a look. If it is plaque, it can be removed and you would then have to brush a bit more thoroughly around that second molar. But if it is an infection, then it may need some minor intervention.

It is always wise to check these things out with the dentist before they get any worse or turn into something unpleasant.

Hope this information helps....
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittxd9293 View Post
Hello, I recently had my wisdom teeth removed Wednesday of last week but developed a infection soon after on my bottom right side and was given antibiotics. I've been doing the salt rinses many times a day and taking the antibiotics. However, today I went to look at the side I'm having problems with and it looks like my gum is separated from my tooth and appears dark inside the separation..or that theres a hole there..I'm not quite sure how to explain it but it didn't look like it the day before and the stitches appear to be gone. I am also having this numbness kind of feeling on only that side for most of the day. I've felt like a hypochondriac since I've had my wisdom teeth and would like to know if this is a problem to go see dentist again for or if it is fine to leave alone to heal...I am very worried about this...
Picture of what I most likely described very poorly is attached

(I'm on mobile so I am sorry if there are typos I over looked)
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
brittxd9293 (11-26-2013)