Thread: about the patch
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 08:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The cost for one month of 6 mg patch is $200. We do not qualify for the payment assistance program despite working through personal representatives. My insurance did pay for Requip XL.

I had a strange experience this week with my patch. Due to my granddaughter's third birthday party, I forgot to put the patch on and was not able to get back home to get one for about seven hours. The last time I missed taking a Requip XL (about two years ago) I felt like I was being herded by a cattle prod for several hours. I could feel jolts of electricity jumping through my body and my arms and legs flopping around like a marionette gone wild. You can imagine the trepidation I felt realizing I had missed my Neupro patch. But, oddly enough, nothing much happened. No cattle prod. I had a lot of extra energy and couldn't get to sleep until about midnight. I have no side effects with Neupro, had massive side effects with Mirapex and some with Requip XL. My doctor told me that Neupro is a little bit stronger than Requip XL. Other than the price, I'd say it's great.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dilmar (11-30-2013), Rob (11-28-2013), SarahBain (12-06-2013), soccertese (11-26-2013)