View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 09:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Redcat.

I'm very surprised that I have a GP that tells me he likes me! He smiles and jokes and tells me stories about his life and he is very open and friendly.

Then I get feedback from everyone else in the clinic that he is a loner, very shy, doesn't talk, doesn't have his meal breaks with them and never smiles!

I really don't understand why he's so different with me. Maybe it's because I addressed the issue of his religion with him up front on the first visit to see him. I looked him up on Google and found out that he had been assaulted by another doctor, that he had reported that other doctor for malpractice (and he was stripped of his medical registration as a result), that he was a devout Muslim and a member of an Islamic doctors association, that he had agitated for proper medical care to be provided to Guantanamo inmates and he did volunteer work in isolated and poor villages in Yemen. He had left his previous country to start a new life. I discussed all of this with him. Personally, I'm an Atheist but I respect everyone's right to their own belief and I admire commitment to that belief. I don't like hypocrisy. He's certainly not a hypocrite.
Myelogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote