View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 02:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My symptoms aren't the same as yours, but I was having headaches. The only reason my issue was found and dealt with quickly is I immediately assumed vision issues (due to some double vision also) and went in. They saw the pressure and bleeding in my eyes because they see a HUGE picture of your eye . . . in fact, the neurologist said he may not have noticed looking at it smaller if he didn't know it was there to look for.

I only mention this (with different symptoms) because I have increased CSF, but my MRI was completely normal and that is common with pseudotumor cerebri. So, there is at least one issue that would show a normal MRI, but if you've had your eyes checked and there is no swelling or hemorrhage, then it's different. The swelling and bleeding in my eyes meant it was taken very seriously and I was pushed through and given appointments within 48 hours for all of my testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicalmystery7 View Post

Oh? Interesting. I researched the topic a little last night and kept coming across information saying enlarged ventricles would show on a CT/MRI. If it is the case that an MRI/CT doesn't usually show anything abnormal, then the trick would be to get my neurologist to take me seriously enough to do a spinal tap. I'm guessing he'd refuse since he already thinks I'm just a hypochondriac (I guess you can psyche yourself into peeing every 15 minutes with hypochondria; such BS.).

I'm not saying I have this issue. It's just the first condition I've come across that could account for both my cognitive issues and my urinary issues at once, and the fact that it involves CSF fluid is interesting to me too since I've always said it feels like there's liquid moving around in my brain. Not sure if CSF fluid is something you can actually feel, though.
PTC_2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote