View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 08:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have these, too. They are momentary with me. I'll be talking to someone, and all of a sudden I'll realize that I have no idea what they are saying to me, and the words just sound like a bunch of sounds put together in no particular order.

I consider it a sign that my brain is overwhelmed with all the incoming information and it's taking a break to sort out all the details.

Sometimes I will be driving, and I will have no idea where I am or where I am going. But I just keep driving, and after a minute or so, it all comes back to me.

I think sometimes my brain just needs a break from all the input. At first, I worried about it a lot, and I discussed it with my neuropsych. But since it passes pretty quickly, now I just take it in stride.
What happened: Sustained mild TBI #9(+) in 2004 when I fell down a flight of stairs and smacked the back of my head on the steps. Knocked out briefly, then bounced back and resumed everyday life, as usual. Then things fell apart -- lost my job, friends disappeared, spouse became terrified of me, money flew out the window, and I had no idea it was all happening, or why. Finally put things together in 2007, when I was researching brain injury for a family member. Have been actively working with a neuropsych and recovering since late 2007, with amazing results I never thought possible.

I blog about this at

Symptoms: fatigue, tinitis, sensitivity to light and noise and touch, insomnia, general pain, headache, attention issues, emotional lability, panic/anxiety, anger/rage spikes, confusion, difficulty hearing and understanding, slowed processing speed, limited short-term working memory, balance & vertigo issues, difficulty reading and learning new things, nystagmus and tremors when over-tired.
brokenbrilliant is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
shezbut (11-28-2013)