View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 08:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hang in there - many of us have been there, including me. Symptoms can come and go, and sometimes mine abate for a while or seem to resolve entirely... only to come back later. I've learned to take it in stride and work around them. It's just part of who I am - there's a whole lot more to discover and explore.

Don't give up. You never really know what tomorrow will bring.

Best of luck to you. And enjoy your summer, as we descend into winter, here up north
What happened: Sustained mild TBI #9(+) in 2004 when I fell down a flight of stairs and smacked the back of my head on the steps. Knocked out briefly, then bounced back and resumed everyday life, as usual. Then things fell apart -- lost my job, friends disappeared, spouse became terrified of me, money flew out the window, and I had no idea it was all happening, or why. Finally put things together in 2007, when I was researching brain injury for a family member. Have been actively working with a neuropsych and recovering since late 2007, with amazing results I never thought possible.

I blog about this at

Symptoms: fatigue, tinitis, sensitivity to light and noise and touch, insomnia, general pain, headache, attention issues, emotional lability, panic/anxiety, anger/rage spikes, confusion, difficulty hearing and understanding, slowed processing speed, limited short-term working memory, balance & vertigo issues, difficulty reading and learning new things, nystagmus and tremors when over-tired.
brokenbrilliant is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote