View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi Doc,

I think you are saying that in your mind, the absence of 'typical symptoms' does not lead you away from migraine. Just FWIW, when I said I was led away from migraine by the abscence of these sx, I didn't mean I was ruling out migraine, only that I felt it was less likely than if the presentation were typical -- less likely, not non-existent, nor even insigificant. I hope that is a bit clearer.

------------
My comment on treating clearly mixed type headaches was more of a preface; yes, those suck but they are a nobrainer to treat, and the sooner the better, as with anything.

The type of attack I described afterwards is not the kind I'd call "clearly mixed". It surprised me to find out that a triptan would resolve tension/stiffness, moreover in places other than my head. I guess I sometimes get that as part of prodrome. I wondered if perhaps some of your tricky-to-distinguish attacks might have similar sorts of features.

It still happens now and then, that I fail to catch whatever is truly happening and wind up out of commission for 1-2 days d/t medication and/or intractable pain. I don't know if we can hope to make the right call 100% of the time, you know? We can only hope to get better and better at it.

------------
I am glad your back is better for the moment. Perhaps they will make some medical advances that will give you more hopeful options for treatment.

Take care.

waves
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (11-27-2013)