View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 02:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy My neighbor ........

This morning I went shopping and pulled into my garage and before I could open a truck door, my neighbor was standing beside it. She looked awful and was babbling about her husband having a stroke. I said "Call 911, call 911 right now."
She asked if I could come book at him - he's in the rec room in the basement. Still saying, "Call 911. Where's your phone?" I ran into the basement and saw her husband ---
I didn't know what was wrong with him, I just knew SOMETHING was and it was bad. I asked for a phone and she said that he had a seizure while ago, but she thought this was a stroke. Now I;m yelling "Call 911 - give me your phone and I'll call'. Then the poor man --- well, I knew it was a bad partial complex. I asked her for a phone so I could call and she said it was upstairs .... I ran and she followed.
Oh - I'll stop details. I am certain that poor man had a couple partials and three tonics before the ambulance arrived. The two ems got the bulky man on the floor and he continued seizing. They called for assistance in getting him up the stairs ... a fire truck and a plain little pick-up truck arrived and 3 more men came down the stairs. They got him into the ambulance but it didn't leave for about 6 or 7 minutes. I have no idea what was happening. The wife just continued looking for the cats, trying to change clothes, call her son and find her husbands ID and insurance.
I wanted to drive her to the hospital but she would not even consider it.
Good grief.
It wasn't my first experience with seizures but it was my first time to ever see one.
Thanks for listening to me.