View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 10:27 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Hi

Thanks folks, I already have the tachycardia and asked the doc several times if he would be there cause I know the treadmills I had the doc was standing there the whole time - he said the techs are trained to handle - I hope so! Without my beta-blockers he knows I already get tachy attacks (sometimes real bad and have lasted up to 45 min at over 160 bpm) and he has my cardiac history (does include an electropsyioloigcal study of my heart to look for an extra pathway which could be sending it into tachy - they couldnt find one at the time) but now they are concerned because of the heart failure (with 3 leaky valves and descreased ejection fraction) - which I did not have 2 years ago..... to get some peace of mind - I think I'll call the techs today and talk to them directly about this procedure and just how prepared they are... (the echo at least is painless)

Cyclops, I did have gastric empty five years ago and failed it - so we know I have gastroparesis - and live on the motility and nausea meds and liquids only - but the symtoms have spread to lower abdomen in the form of constant unrelenting pain and nausea - so they want to do complete endoscopy/colonoscopy (which has to be done under general anesthesia cause I cant tolerate opiates) they are going to look for "normal" abnormalities as well as do amyloid biopsies all the way thru - they just keep thinking they havent found it yet (amyloid)..... again, cardiologist wont give me clearance for anestesia until this test done....

Anyway - will call cardio today and see if I can get more info and hopefully will stop stressing - dont like it when people mess with my heart!
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote