View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 05:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 13 weeks and getting worse

hello again everyone.

starting to lose hope and become very worried.
original symptoms since accident - nauseous, dizzy and head issues(headaches,tingling/pressure).
these continue but more persistent and stronger in the last couple of weeks.

i'm eating well, taking b12 and multi with other b's and trying to rest as best I can.
been working through the whole ordeal and in retrospect wish I hadn't. starting today I will be off for 5+ weeks.
doctors would not grant me time off.
also, continued to work because I did see minor improvements.

my symptoms are as before but now worse as mentioned. I wake up every day with a concussion hangover, in a daze, feel like i'm drugged.
at work I hit a wall after a few hours and cannot continue, it's scary.

I may have also made matters worse myself. Innocently shook my head twice and felt damage was done, it hurt.
also had a couple of very trivial knocks to the head, no aftereffects. sometimes I feel like my own worse enemy.

I do exercise, very mild and light. stationary bike with tension way down for 20 minutes, probably equivalent to an easy walk. also 15 minutes on weight machines, very light weight, very slow with very deliberate breathing. my body seems to tolerate this very well and I always fell good afterward.

I don't drink and have one cup of coffee in the morning which seems to help with the concussion hangover.
i'm 59, had a serious head bang when I was about 8 or 9, convulsions and taken to hosp.
have had normal bangs to the head as I imagine everyone has over the years, never any repercussions.
did whack my head two weeks before the recent accident, no aftereffects.

thanks for any input and I wish you all well.
floridaman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote