View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 05:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh that, well yes I do save a little on nightlights because I have a nice green glow in the dark. I am one of the lucky 15% to survive lung cancer over 5 years (in my 8th) and the only way to check is by CT. They now recommend anyone who smoked 30 years have a yearly one. I think its 45% of lung cancer occurs in people who have stopped smoking, it takes a long time for the risk to drop. I am down to one every 2 years now, I know I have had too many but the alternative from lung CA is not attractive. Don't smoke people, it eventually mutates the inflammatory genes in your lungs which destroys lung tissue and can cause cancer. It doesn't stop when you quit smoking if you have smoked long enough, the damage continues due to the inflammation. Your genes essentially go berserk and cause inflammation every time a mote of dust flies by and you have to take evil steroid medication to control it.

I am also a science oriented person, I did a lot of rat lab and worked on research projects in college. I don't know if 'evidence based medicine' is exactly what either of us think however. It is based on population studies like epidemiology and doesn't seem to allow for a great deal of individual variability. People like me, and many of the people here with neuropathy are not going to thrive with it in my opinion. the link is a dreadful Wikipedia explanation but it hits the high points. I think in my case it is like trying to pound a round peg into a square hole.

judi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence-based_medicine
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (11-27-2013), Hopeless (11-27-2013), mrsD (11-27-2013)