View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 11:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTC_2013 View Post
My symptoms aren't the same as yours, but I was having headaches. The only reason my issue was found and dealt with quickly is I immediately assumed vision issues (due to some double vision also) and went in. They saw the pressure and bleeding in my eyes because they see a HUGE picture of your eye . . . in fact, the neurologist said he may not have noticed looking at it smaller if he didn't know it was there to look for.

I only mention this (with different symptoms) because I have increased CSF, but my MRI was completely normal and that is common with pseudotumor cerebri. So, there is at least one issue that would show a normal MRI, but if you've had your eyes checked and there is no swelling or hemorrhage, then it's different. The swelling and bleeding in my eyes meant it was taken very seriously and I was pushed through and given appointments within 48 hours for all of my testing.
I have congenital hydrocephalus, also known as obstructive hydrocephalus, and I know next to nothing about NPH, but have you consulted a neurosurgeon? I have personally never seen a neurologist, and up until last last month, had not seen a neurosurgeon in about 15, but when I started experiencing strange symptoms, I went straight to a neurosurgeon and with an MRI, he was able to see my enlarged ventricles right away.
Katie79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote