View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 01:20 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Do you have a basic primer for someone like me? A link to some basics? I have attempted some internet research but most of it is over my head for understanding.
Sort of. I've posted some things in the Useful Sites Sticky thread on the Medications & Treatments forum from time to time....

Pain Management

The Truth About Opioid Pain Medications

...and in the Useful Sites & Resources Sticky thread on the Chronic Pain forum.

Adult Pain Management Patient Guides

Hormones and Chronic/Intractable Pain

As it's been a while, some of the links may have changed/expired. The articles might be located by goggling their titles. If not, lemme know and I'll try to find them or something equivalent, but I may not get to it until after the long weekend... (Mmmm.... Dead Bird!)

Doc

PS: In composing the following response to Myelogirl, I came across the replacement of one of the expired links:

Definitions Related to the Use of Opioids for the Treatment of Pain: Consensus Statement of the American Academy of Pain Medicine, the American Pain Society, and the American Society of Addiction Medicine

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 11-28-2013 at 01:36 AM. Reason: PS
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (11-28-2013)