View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

i can go online an view my lab tests after a doctor's visit and it shows the normal ranges for each compound being measured but i know my doctor will tell me if anything concerns him. of course if something does, it also means more tests and more out of pocket costs.
just like there is this totally artificial seperation between doctors and pharmacists, it's a good idea there is available seperation between genetic testing and healthcare organizations which could really benefit from using your genetic results to make money.
as an aside, that's the reason doctors aren't allowed to replace pharmacies except in isolated areas, the potential conflict of interest. but it sure makes for a screwed up system where pharmacists and doctors often don't work together - few pharmacists are going to tell a doctor they prescribed a drug that really isn't going to help. plus doctors often don"t know what drugs cost when they prescribe them.

we get get all sorts of wrong advice on everything, some intentional - real estate bubble, supplements at times, healthcare, investing - some unintentional, FDA can always be improved, just requires voters to express their wishes.

wonder how european countries requlate DNA analysis?
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lab rat (11-28-2013)