View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 05:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Problems with sleep?

Among the many symptoms I'm experiencing from my concussion/accident 5 weeks ago, I have delayed onset of sleep. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get sleep rhythms back to normal?
My pattern is that by about 9/10pm I am so awake and energized and then super wide awake by midnight. No matter what time I go to bed I will lie there for hours unable to sleep, be it 9pm or 2am. 2 nights ago I finally passed out at 6:30am. I usually get to sleep at about 1/2am. My wake up time is the same every day: 11:30am.
My natural rhythm used to be asleep by 10/10:30pm and up between 5-6am.
I am always wide awake at night now and then absolutely exhausted all morning til midday. But wake up time is always 11:30am exactly - no alarm clock!
I have taken generic sleeping tablets and natropathic sleeping tablets, neither of which work or even make me feel drowsy, and Melatonin which gives me vivid nightmares. I've tried going to bed earlier but just lie there for hours feeling restless and frustrated.
I will be needing to go back to work soon which usually starts at 6/7am. I have no idea how I'm going to be able to do that. Any suggestions please?
bendiyogi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote