Thread: I'm In Pain
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Confused I'm In Pain

So, here's my issue that I need help with. For at least the passed 3 years I've been moderately depressed. Last year, it got worse. I have to deal with mental illness along with hydrocephalus, and the surgeries caused me to have epilepsy starting in my early 20's. In the passed 6 months or so my eyes have been in extreme pain when I'm in the sun. Right now, it's actually excruciating to look at my monitor to type this. The closest hospital to me doesn't have a neurology department. I supposedly have lumbar arthritis and fibromyalgia. I've had 4 shunt surgeries. First one when I was 2 months old. I was an extremely healthy child.....until I was 17, and ended up blind and knocking on deaths door because my parents neglected me. The doctors told my parents that if they had waited 12 hours more before bringing me in, that they'd be bringing in a dead daughter. I had bilateral papalladema....fluid built up by my optic nerves. Those first 2 surgeries were full vp shunt placements. I had my 3rd surgery sometime in my early 20's. My last surgery was in September of '07.
I have always had headaches. But the headaches I've having the passed week or two........EXTREME AGONIZING PAIN! Neck pain. And my face even hurts. Nothing works on my headaches. I have a crappy neurologist. The norm for me is at least a yearly check up including x-ray and ct scan. 6 months ago when I saw him I had to request them, and he only ordered the ct scan. Then he set up another appointment for 6 months later. That appointment consisted of him asking me how I'm feeling, then told me everything looks good. You don't need to set up another appointment. Now he tells me I'll be seeing him on an as needed type thing.The healthcare out here sucks! So basically, Gradual headaches now reaching the edge of my tolerance to pain. My neck feels like it's one huge knot. I have nausea half the time. I've been having sinus problems. Every morning when I wake up, it feels like my eyes are swollen. I don't know what to do! I'm at the point where almost every part of me hurts. I can barely concentrate. For a few years now, I see and feel like my shunt is bent like a kink in a few places but every doctor told me I'm fine. I'm extremely irritable. Most of the time I'm either crying or angry. My anxiety gets so bad. It seems to be getting worse along with the headaches and nausea. Also, can anyone tell me if tinnitus is related to shunts? I really do think something is wrong......but I am not in a good area to suit my medical needs. Any advice would be appreciated. OUCH! My head feels like it's going to explode......I forgot to add in....I'm 32 years old.
Tink5881 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote