Thread: Post op letdown
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 03:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysf View Post
So sorry to hear of your difficulties. I had surgery nearly nine years ago in San Francisco. Unfortunately, I did not have a good result, either. In fact, I was made much worse by the surgery. I sincerely believe that TOS is not well understood by the medical community. They offer surgery because that's what's in their tool kit, not necessarily because it is appropriate. And the results simply are not good enough.

Take care,
Kelly
Many thanks for your response Kelly. I find that when times get a little tough this forum really helps. Thanks for the support. Best of wishes to you.

Oh another thing that I wanted to add is why are consultants so damn quick to turn patients into pill poppers! My Neurologist thinks that I'm brave for going through these ongoing issues without resulting to taking medication. I'm not brave, just wise... I've watched my poor Dad who has been given a whole concoction of pills over time for spinal/ nerve damage issues and seen how messed up his body is now. He suffers from extreme bloating, water retention, and terrible withdrawals if he tries to lower the dosage, like sweats, shakes, palpitations etc. We'll no thanks! I'd rather endure the physical pain ( believe it or not) and attempt to slow down my activities or alter my lifestyle to try and manage my symptoms than go down that route. It's about learning what your limitations are and sticking to them. Also learning to say no to other people in the workplace if a task is too taxing or refusing to do anything that is likely to trigger TOS symptoms. It's taken me a few years now to be a bit more head strong with my employers etc but I'm getting there... I'm learning my limitations and almost managing... Almost!

Xxxx
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote