View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 06:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Crazy From Pgh with Dental Nerve pain in gums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustV View Post
I am new to this site so I am sure I must not be looking in the right place but I am DESPERATE for help with BMS. I have suffered for years with BMS and dry eyes (restatsis for years) and only recently have been prescribed gabapentin but I have had NO RELIEF. Tonight is so bad I considered using burn gel in my mouth...the external only warning stopped me but when the pain is this bad I am willing to try anything! The most recent PCP has also prescribed procardia for my hands and feet which is helping but the headache from that medicine is killer.
Is there anyone out there in Pittsburgh, PA who is receiving help from a pcp or dentist?
Thank you and I really appreciate any and all suggestions!
I am being treated by a GP, his name is Geno Pavlick with Premier Medical. He is a very caring and intelligent doctor who listens and take over medication when you are getting no where with other doctors. Unfortunately I have no dentist referrals as most know very little about nerve damage. Currently I have taken gabapentin for 2 months with little improvement 600 mg twice a day is where I am, however, much research has indicated tricyclics antidepressants for mouth pain and I just started this week on Nortriptlyine. I will let you know how it goes. I do not have burning mouth, however, I have suffered with ulcers and burning at times and know it is painful. I found milk helped the burning and there are lidocaine mouthwashes they can prescribe. I also take a complex b vitamin and alpha lipoid acid supplement that they coaim helps heal nerves. I understand the desperation as I go thru it daily. I have had two teeth pulled and several root canals. I currently have a tooth hurting that was root canalled. Please update me on your progress. Maybe we can be some sort of support to one another.
Weary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote