View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 08:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My questions are:
1. What advice do you have for getting qualified for LTD?
2. My employer has stated that they only want me there full time, and I don't know if/when THAT will be feasible. Will that impact the qualification process? Or the return-to-work process assuming I get qualified?
3. Once I'm on LTD, because the plan is through my employer, will they want or require me to return to that same employer if I become healthy enough to work again? Or could I work elsewhere if that seems more feasible or preferable? (Given all of this, not only might I like to work someplace less stressful, but I might also like to relocate closer to family, which would prevent me from working for this employer.)

#1 That is a good question for your HR person at work. Policies vary.

#2 That would be up to your employer. Some employers terminate after a set time period because they have to fill positions and can not keep them open indefinitely.

#3 Again, you will need to sit down with HR, review the LTD plan you qualify for, and find out what it covers and how it works. It is my understanding, however, that if you can work, your LTD ceases . . . which seems to mean logically that if you can work it matters not where or with whom.

Best of luck to you.