View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 04:44 AM
anon6715

anon6715

Hi Murgir

You have already gotten some really good advice here and I don't have much to add. It is nearly one year since I developed CRPS following surgery to repair torn cartilage in my wrist. It is a really scary diagnosis, especially since there is so little known about it. But I am doing okay. Yes, things have changed a bit. I have pain but the pain is less intense now than when I first developed CRPS and I am more used to it. I am still able to work.

Remember that we are all different. They symptoms will vary from person to person and across time. Try to keep moving as much as you reasonably can and try not to stress. Try to keep doing the things you enjoy even if you have to make some adjustments to the way you do them.

I like to use heat packs to help with my pain. I have a few microwaveable ones and I actually need to buy some more because I have used them so much they are pretty worn out. I keep on in my desk at work too. I know you don't have much pain but I also use a heat pack before and after I do physio exercises. I find that if I warm my hand, wrist and shoulder up a bit before my exercise, then I am able to do a bit more.

I hope you are feeling okay today.

Kim
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
murgir (11-30-2013)