Thread: help
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 09:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Michael -

I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. I know all too well ab the long term effects of prednisone

As you may know, there are attorneys who will work on a contingency basis and you only pay them if your case turns out favorably. They should be able to help you. You should def reapply for disability under the guidance of an attorney. He/she may also be able to weigh in on your prior work situation, too. I am sure other members of this community will have addt thoughts.

Stay strong. You will get through this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt3866 View Post
Hi, I am new here. I have some issues that I wanted to ask about here. I was diagnosed with ocular myasthenia gravis in 2003. Since then my condition has worsened. I feel as if I have generalized symptoms. I have absolutely no energy. I have extreme fatigue all the time. I can't concentrate and focus like I used to. I have no mental endurance what so ever. I was on prednisone for years. I have no insurance. My hips need replacing as now as I have necrosis of the femoral ball in both hips. I am currently on mestinon and cellcept. My double vision is tolerable right now.
I lost my job a year ago. The company I worked for wanted me to relocate to Dominican Republic 6 months out of the year. I did not feel comfortable with that and my doc said no as well. I declined. I was laid off 2 months later. My condition has worsened since. I am on unemployment but that is about to expire. I applied for Disability and was turned down. The work I used to do I can't do anymore. I can't find a job that is compatible with my health and pay my bills as well. I am really stuck and I don't know what to do. My hip is ready to go anytime and I have already gone bankrupt when my colon ruptured from the affects of prednisone (2007). I tried to get state health insurance and was turned down. Can anyone guide me to a way out of this mess. Soon I am going to be homeless.

Thank you,

-michael
Needananswer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote