View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 12:23 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Not a stupid question...

An electropsyological study actualy did run wires into my heart trying to figure out what is causing the rythm problems... and agiogram isnt indicated in my case (my arteries arent blocked) - they can see by my echos, etc. (I've had holter monitors every year since I started having problems and periodic echos) - that its my heart muscle itself where the problem is (it doesnt beat strong enough - and is getting weaker - the heart muscle is getting stiffer and therefore valves leak and I dont get enough oxygen so get very short of breath... and with 3 echos in the past 3 years - has really progressed) - they are trying to determine what is causing this - because if it cant be stopped its pretty bad news.... if the underlying cause is autonomic neruopathy or other issue - they will try to control with meds (which I already have been on one for years) and ultimately tell me heart transplant if necessary... if its amyloid - the prognosis is very poor... I have a family member who died of cardio-myopathy a year older then I am now - and was so long ago they didnt have the technology to determine cause etc.... in any case - I know I've got a good doctor.....

BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote