Thread: Dry Needling
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 03:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elap View Post
A while back, I went to a therapist who does only dry needling, nothing else -extremely intense sessions. An hour of non-stop needling left me feeling overall unwell with a flare-up of symptoms which took a week to get over after each session. I think the overload of needling caused a lot of inflammation. However, I think dry needling could be very beneficial if combined with other modalities and done judiciously, not overdone. The needling definitely loosened seized up traps and helped with some of the face pain I have. I'm on the fence about surgery, looking for yet another PT, and hoping I'll find someone with dry needling experience. A paper on point: http://www.spinalmanipulation.org/db...ndrome%20(2000)
"Dry needling" is basically trigger pt acupuncture. They call it dry needling because an md or pt can do it. it is only legal in certain states. In CA it is not legal. if you live in a state that is not legal look for an acupuncturist who does trigger pt acu instead of meridians. these are usually western as opposed to Easternacupuncturists. it helps me for a couple of days but thats about it.
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote