View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 01:52 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm glad they got the pain to break a little bit on the second visit to an ER. I have to call the insurance company on monday tho. They rejected my insurance last night. No idea why. I guess I can expect that to keep happening, especially after the new year.

My aunt told me she'd help me call them (she's a nurse, and knows a bit about insurance. The first hospital I went to, just parked me in a room for a couple of hours and ignored me. Didnt even have a doctor see me. They sent in a PA. They gave me hydrocodone, and then got me out of there as fast as they could. Didnt try to figure out why it hurt.

The hydrocodone didnt touch it.

that was why I went to a different ER later that night. The pain was even worse by then. They got me in there pretty quick. An actual doctor came in and checked me out. He was good, and the nurse who took care of me was great. They explained that they had to break the pain cycle. That's why they gave me morphine and a muscle relaxer. I'm still in pain, but not as bad as it was. I'm never going back to the first hospital.

My aunt thought that the first hospital dropped the ball. She said I should have gotten an injection of morphine there, or an IV with morphine. She thinks if I call the insurance company, and tell them I wasn't happy with how they treated me, and tell them I had to go to another ER that night, they might be able to get the insurance company to not pay that first hospital because they didn't seem to do anything for me.

Then maybe they won't reject my insurance for the second trip to the ER. My aunt is going to have to help with that. I won't know what to say.

She was pretty disgusted with what she called their standard of care.

Hope I can at least get the insurance company to pay for the second visit.

when I was leaving, I told the nurse that they were really great and thanked her. If the hospital calls to do a survey I'm going to give them a good review about it. She seemed surprised that I was thanking her. People must not do that very often.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-01-2013), Erika (12-01-2013)