View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Barometric low's

I have suffered on a mild level the same thing. I am a repiratory therapist and understand the physics of the atmosphere. I need to explain that it may not be due to a depressive order per/se. I feel it has lot to do with highy sensitive people. For me I can tell you when the low is coming before the weather channel. My symptoms are feeling of being spacy and that is due to a drop in the partial pressure of oxygen related to the drop in the atmospheric pressure. From the highly sensitive side, I get a feeling that something is about to happen that is nothing more than the flight/fight response. To be honest something is happening and that is the drop in pressure. That triggers the anxiety. So I must say I do not take medications for it because I understand the phemenon. Many doctors just prescribe. I feels when one understands the affect there are other ways to cope. Try googling " highly sensitive people". We in this group sense things so readily it keep you in the flight or fight syndrome which can exhausting leading to feeling the blues.
Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanedmondson View Post
Please contact me if you have any information or understand the fact that you may know of one who suffers from depression, Also having Major Acute Attacks of Depressive Lows that coincide with the BaPressure dropping from 30.00 to 29.99 in mercury or lower.

I am devastated by depression at such a drop. Almost instantaneously with records of local Weather Archive for All Data in my area. I never watch the news so it can't be placebo.

I have tracked several weather factors in addition for a 3 month period emperically. I have spreadsheets and weather graphs hourly for said periods.
I will gladly share with and Physicians doing research on Barometric Pressure and Psychiatric conditions.

Bryan
Bronchus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (12-29-2013)