View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

Did you actually see the neuro at all or was everything done over the phone? IMHO, they should have done some testing such and an EEG to make sure that it was truly a seizure and not something else. Granted, from your description it sounds as if it may have been but still.... And, she contacted the DMV without concrete proof (such as an EEG) that you even had a seizure. Nor did she investigate the reasoning behind it, such as what you mentioned - medication interactions. She didn't discuss contacting the DMV with you and by that she has impacted your quality of life. I think finding a new neuro may be a good idea if you are able to do so.

I have had absence seizures before and the neuro didn't contact DMV. I was told to avoid driving for 6 months to make sure no more seizure activity occurred. If it did, then they would have to contact the DMV. I guess I was lucky that they didn't contact them.

I am glad your niece happened to come by and help you. I hope you start feeling better soon. Let us know the results of your CT scan and how you are doing.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-01-2013), barb02 (12-09-2013), Erika (12-01-2013), Mariel (12-09-2013), SallyC (12-01-2013)