View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 08:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post New member with RSD / CRPS

Hi all! I have been reading this forum for a few months before committing to being a member. I have been impressed by the number of really caring people who take the time out of their day to support someone in need.
My goal by joining this forum is to stay positive, gain new information, and pass along help to others. My story in brief: I have had 4 spine surgeries for Degenerative Disc Disease in my cervical spine and lumbo-sacral spine. I have lived with chronic pain for 12+ years. In July 2011 I woke up from the 3rd spine surgery to mind boggling pain in my right lower leg/ankle. The lower leg & foot swelled, became cold and looked pale. The pain was excruciating and I could not walk more than a few steps. After a few weeks the burning set in. I now know I have RSD/CRPS. The good news is that I began physical therapy right away including intensive aquatic therapy. I am convinced that aquatic therapy is the ONLY reason I am still able to walk short distances today. I completed an entire year of therapy (three times per week), and continue now on my own with occasional "tune ups" from my physical therapist. It has been 2 1/2 years and I am just now beginning to accept that this is going to be a life-long challenge for me. I am open to learning new ways to manage this challenge!
Lottie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (12-03-2013)