View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 11:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
That is great. I was having mega pain in all my arthritis locations, over a week ago, and by coincidence we bought some preservative free dried cherries at Costco. Within 3 days, all my pain lessened to barely felt...I am still having about twenty a day or so (they are really delicious and I did a small binge the first day I have to admit).

Even my sore big toes, have stopped. My right toe was squashed by a big boulder years ago (two hairline breaks) and always zings me when I bend it. But it stopped too!

These are Dried Montmorency Cherries (tart). Search Montmorency for that post I just made...these are sold on Amazon, Sam's club, and at Costco...I have the Kirkland brand.

They have some sugar but that doesn't seem to be bothering me much. The pain relief is amazing..I am so surprised, since I tried cherry juice and extract in the past with no effect. I guess the type of cherry used is important.

This article says that tart cherries have the most anti-inflammation compounds of any food:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...155672215.html

These are as tart as a Jolly Rancher. They make your saliva flow.
My doctor told me to use one Jolly Rancher twice a day to keep my mouth moist so I don't develop stones in the salivary glands...
which is pretty common in older patients. These cherries do the same job. I just love cherries anyway! This has been a wonderful discovery for me.

Does eating fresh cherries be as good as eating the dried ones?
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote