View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 09:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 4 weeks.

A few updates. We crossed the 4-week mark on Thanksgiving and it's continued to be an up and down recovery.

We took the week off from the doctor as the trips into the city did not seem to be helping much. We'll be heading back in for the first time this afternoon for a follow up with her neurologist, though still considering shopping for a new one. At least a second opinion at this point, as this one just keeps telling her to rest and that she will get better. I'm not sure what else they would say, but I feel like it's worth meeting with someone else to see what they think.

I've also been exploring and becoming more open to the idea of a psychiatrist. Her emotional fluctuations and a few more alarming things have been popping up this past week. A severe anxiety, generally accompanied by an overwhelming paranoia. She can tell that the thoughts are not real or valid, but she says that they still pop up and have a strong impact on her. Dips into depression are becoming more frequent too. This is all also coupled with random great days where she feels fine and is able to go for walks / be more autonomous.

She is very resistant to being put on any sort of anti-depressant or medication, and I feel similarly. Particularly that she is recovering from a brain injury. Has anyone had any experience with this? Will any neuro be helpful with this aspect, or is what we need really a psychiatrist / someone able to address non-physical symptoms from her injury?
epicnirp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote