View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
You might consider making your workstation more ergonomic.
I use a sit-to-stand desk, so that I can stand at the computer for a few hours a day. It makes a big difference. If you do this, you will need monitor arms to change the height of the monitors as needed between sitting and standing. I have also found the Kinesis Contoured Pro keyboard helpful as well as a saddle chair.
The key -- is to change positions throughout the day.

Where do your arms burn? Is it just the forearms ? Or the whole arm?

I have not made it to the point of using a sit-to-stand. I have made it much more ergonomic than most. Good chair, Extra Lumbar, vertical mice (one for each side to alternate my mouse hand) MS Ergo keyboard. Monitors at eye level. I take breaks often (workrave timer)
As for the burning....

Right now they are burning from my armpit down the underside of my arm to my elbow. Also the top of my forearms, and the muscle on the underside of my forearm. A new thing for me is pain around my scapula. All of this is with the Lyrica in my system. I fear that without it I would be back to not being able to brush my teeth and it seems that I am heading very swiftly towards that even with it.

Stinks being 4+ years into this and not having a true clinical diagnosis. What is worse is I thought I had beat this and had convinced myself I had caused it the first time around by over doing the doorway stretch as was suggested to me by a PT. I now know that was not the case and it seems that a lot of rest, a lot of cardio, and limited computer use is the answer. Told my wife this AM it is about time for some major life changes either by choice now or without one in a few months. I feel terrible for my family as I feel like I got a reprieve for a few years and wish I could have done more with it.
Cgrieger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote