View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Erika, I've been taking Cymbalta (30 mg) for two months. It took me a couple of weeks to get up the courage to start taking it--reading the fine print scared the jeepers out of me. My doctor also prescribed it primarily for pain (MS and arthritis).

The first three or four days my stomach felt weaselly, and I was wicked sleepy. NOT so sleepy that I would have fallen asleep at the wheel, but I didn't drive the first few days, just in case. I was also troubled the first week or so by, ahem, a desperate need for lots of fiber.

I had myself all freaked out--so many of the possible side effects also go hand in hand with MS. So am I still wanting a nap every day because of the Cymbalta, or because I'm 63 and have MS? Is that little flutter an arrhythmia, or just anxiety? And so on.

I'm assuming I would have had any other side effects by now, but I don't know. There is a definite improvement in pain level, so at this point I'd say it's worth it.

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-02-2013), Erika (12-02-2013), SallyC (12-02-2013)