View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 08:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

they have to take part of the pec minor and attach it to the sarratus antior muscle and then drill a hole in your scap and attach it to your scap, turning it into a new muscle. And then your stuck in a brace for 3 months and then at 6months you start very intense PT program for a year. And you cannot lift anything over 5lbs for a year because the tendon can easily tear. We didn't know how this was going to work for a TOS patient because first of all most of us cant do an intense PT program, that being a main issue because the surgery would fail if that new muscle couldn't learn to function. Second we didn't know how I would handle being in a brace because that's another issue with TOS patients, any restriction like that usually causes vascular and nerve problems, and you have to be in the brace for 3 months or the tendon will tear. And he was going to need to get into my chest/side and back (yes it takes 3 incisions) and he wasn't sure how much scar tissue was gonna be in there and where everything was going to be because when you remove the rib everything shifts. Its a 6 hour surgery and he wasn't sure how much was going to need to be cleaned out. And if your pec minor isn't long enough or any good, which is the case is most TOS patients, then he cant use the tendon and the surgery is no good, so he was going to have to check that. All of that for an 80% success rate for only those that have only that 1 single problem. Odds aren't in our favor when TOS surgery is done for most surgeons that need to do secondary surgeries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
What kind of surgery is for the scalpula? Ive never heard of that. I'm pretty sure in my case that the ribs move around and pull on the muscles in the shoulder blade which in turn compresses the nerves. I think when i was seeing dr ando the pain in my scalp went away for awhile. he adjusted my ribs and I was doing streghtening exercises. I need to go back and see him!
tos8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jkl626 (12-03-2013)