View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 10:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Looking for support

This is a heavy response, so I apologize in advance if it's too much. I am pretty self reliant, a lurker on this board. I rarely post. I'm just really down to the wire here.

I'd like to hear how people suffering from pain so bad it's ruined, or is ruining, their life cope with the pain. I do not have family or friends (sad and pathetic as it is) so finding strength in others wouldn't work for me. I see a therapist and have tried a host of ssris and nerve drugs. All have failed. I'd like to hear from anyone that is also facing hopelessness, or was and got past it, or just dealt with it. Never getting better...

My pain averages btw 7-9 out of 10 every day day of my life. I've tried almost every treatment up to surgery. Not a candidate for surgery because NSurgeon can't pinpoint source of pain. Since disc injections have failed, this indicated to him operating may not help. Radio Frequency, failed. Can't get PK from docs so having to get them from outside sources, and this costs a fortune. Not to mention it is not a solution.

I have alot of life left. I'm only 32, used to to be fit. Now I'm still thin, but weak. Have to drop out of grad school. Looking at leaving my job.

After 5 years of back erosion, the quality of my life is such that I'm having serious thoughts about the continuation of my life. This is not a case of hoping I'll get relief and just staying alive long enough for that to occur. It's a matter of being able to live with this kind of pain for the rest of my life.

How do others here deal living with severe pain?
Noodly Appendage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote