Thread: New Here!
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default New Here!

Hi Gang! After 8 years of pain, MRI's out the ying yang, and MANY neuro appointments, I am finally on the road toward surgery. My symptoms include: extreme pain when walking...I now use a walker, left side weakness (nerve damage may be permanent), bladder incontinence, vision loss (lost my driving privileges November 13th), sciatica, headaches...to name a few. Dr Donlin Long has been following me and has sent all of my medical records to Dr Welch at Univ of Penn. Dr Welch will be removing the cyst because aspiration won't work. I am nervous about it because it's such a risky surgery, but anything is better than living like I am. My local neurologist is testing me for PPMS (found 5 lesions on my brain...which is nothing, unless they find lesions on my spinal cord) I am having the c-spine and t-spine MRI's done this Thursday to rule out PPMS (I truly believe they will find NO lesions on my spine and this is all from the Tarlov) Funny how different neuro's will have such different views! Makes for a crazy ride!!!! Nice to meet you all...looking forward to reading everyone's issues regarding the Tarlov.
carmenrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote