View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 03:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sleep's just about the most important painkiller I have I think.... I had a patch of a few months where I just couldn't sleep more than a few hours at a time, and I was just in pieces. Everything went to hell in a hand basket, including my sanity and my ability to control my emotions. It was horrible. Took me ages to find a way of sleeping better again, and although I know what worked for me to start me getting to sleep earlier (thanks Bagpuss!), I'm still not sure why the time I slept increased again. I think it was just gradual, and a bit of a chicken and egg thing...

There are no easy answers. I still get some awful nights, and my pain the following day is always, always worse. Get whatever sleep you can and try a few different methods to try and relax yourself a bit more. I know relaxing seems a million miles away when you feel so terrible, but it can happen, and sometimes because of surprisingly small things...

I wish you all the luck in the world. Take care of yourself, and I'll be wishing you plenty of Zzzzz's tonight.

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (12-03-2013), moosey2me (12-03-2013)