View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 04:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jolot and welcome

If you look through the old posts on this site I think you will find all kinds of useful info.
I also have a tremor dominant version , diagnosed in 1997, and on selegeline only for the first 12 years and since the last four years taking sinemet. Currently at 150 X 4 daily.
Like you, mornings are always my best times. It has been a puzzle for me to figure out why. Since being on sinemet, I have been experiencing very troubling muscle weakness. Because of that, I have considered that I wake up feeling so much better just from the rest my muscles have gotten over night.
My last sinemet dose is usually around 6 pm, so I am looking at at least a 12 hour span, up to 15 hours without taking medication.
Even if I am tremoring some in the mornings I have more energy and feel more "normal". I can go for a bike ride or swim and try to do my errands, etc at that time. Another thought that I have is that in general for me the dyskinesias are worse than being off- after all those hours without meds I have almost no dyskinesia in the mornings (and what a huge relief that is).
Just from common sense, and what you describe... I would do just as you are doing. I don't see how it can "hurt" you to wait to take your first dose of sinemet until later since you feel better without it. I will occasionally "drop" a dose at the end of the day if I don't need it. I will be curious to see if there are opposing opinions about that.
Please post if you find out anything about the questions you ask.